Changing to Google DNS
Important:Before you Start
Google DNS ip Address:
Note:You need the Administration rights to change the settings so get the rights before you do
Microsoft Windows 7:
- First Open "Control Panel"
- And then click on the "Network and Internet"----->>>"Network and Sharing Center"--->"Change the Adapter Settings"( see left side )
- After hitting on the "Change the Adapter Settings" new window opens and will display the available networks connected to the computer
- Now select the connection to which you want to configure the Google DNS.
- If your are using any wired internet connection right click on the "Local-Area-Connetion" and select the "Properties"
- And if you are using the "Wireless internet connection" Right Click on the "Wireless Network Connection" and then hot on the "Properties"
- You will be asked the Administration password to continue(if you have assigned the password to the administration account)
- When you open the "Properties"----Switch to "Networking" Tab
- In Networking Tab you need to double click on the "Internet Protocol Version 4" or Internet Protocol Version 6" based on the type of the connection you are using....
- If you don't know what type of connection you are using better to contact your "Internet Service Provider"
- In most of the cases it will be "Internet Protocol Version 4"
- After Selecting the type of internet connection hit on the "Properties"
- Now Click on the "Advanced" button and switch to the "DNS" tab
- Here make a note of all the settings in a piece of paper
- After making note of all the Settings you need to replace them with the Google DNS IP Address mentioned above
- Now after entering the DNS Settings you can save and restart the internet connection
Testing the Connection in Windows 7
- You need to check the settings that everything is right or not
- Open Your "Command Promote" (windows+r then type cmd)
- After opening the Command promote enter the following command "tracert -d 126.96.36.199"
- If where things goes right then you will be able to see the same 188.8.131.52 in the last line leave about the numbers in between the first loop and last loop
- And there is one more step to check the connection
- Again in the command promote type the "nslookup -debug 184.108.40.206"
- If you get the "Answer" with record of the host name then every thing is right and you can enjoy the speeder internet.......
You might also like to read How to Speedup Internet With FireFox click Here